Eyewear has become more than just a way to correct your vision. More and more people are using their glasses to express themselves.
An emerging trend is Korean-designed eyewear, such as CARIN. With the rise of K-pop and K-dramas in American culture, it’s hard to miss the simple yet unique style of glasses that appear on the faces of many of our favorite Korean stars.
Here’s what to know about the latest Korean-designed eyewear and how to fit it into your personal style.
What Are Korean Glasses?
Korean idols and celebrities are well-known for setting trends in clothing, hair, and accessories like eyewear.
Pairing their clothing with eyewear that stands out and emphasizing the presence of glasses in their image is a popular way of promoting their personal brand of style. Korean glasses are typically simple, minimalistic, and timeless.
Korean eyeglasses come in a variety of styles and brands. As a result, it can help to know exactly what you want before going shopping. It could be difficult to make an informed purchase if you don’t know what type of Korean glasses and frames you want.
Here are a couple popular shapes you might want to try:
- Round: Many Korean celebrities wear round metal-framed glasses, often in a more retro style. People are quickly adopting this look, making high demand for round Korean glasses in places around the world.
- Square: There are many square and geometric silhouettes that have a distinctly Korean feel to them.
CARIN Glasses are made in South Korea and have been worn by many Korean celebrities—like members of the boy band BTS, as well as actors and actresses from Korean dramas.
With optical styles that are chic, cute, and classy, CARIN eyewear is known for its fashionable glasses styles with modern, practical frames.
CARIN focuses on classic, simplistic details rather than overcomplicating eyewear to highlight your individual style, combining the Northern European aesthetics of Scandinavia and the Asian fit that is so popular in Korean culture right now.
Find Your Perfect Korean-Designed Frames
We’re confident you’ll adore the way Korean glasses look on you. However, your ideal pair could differ depending on your face shape. Consider the following to make sure your Korean eyewear will highlight all of your best features!
The size and shape of your face should be the first thing to think of when buying Korean glasses. There are several different face shapes, and you can find a style that is best suited to your face.
It may be easier to choose the right style and brand of Korean glasses for your style once you know what kind of face shape you have.
- Round: When it comes to emphasizing round face shapes, contrast is important. Choose a geometric pair to draw attention to your delicate features.
- Oval: Oval face shapes look good with many styles of glasses. You can try on any Korean style, including round, geometric, and quirky frames.
- Square: Rounded hipster frames have a graceful silhouette that is ideal for balancing out a prominent jaw or forehead.
- Heart: Classic aviator shapes draw attention to the cheekbones while minimizing the width of the forehead, making them ideal for heart-shaped faces.
There are advantages and disadvantages to the size of your frames:
- Large frames may overwhelm your features and make your face appear smaller than it is.
- Smaller frames may make your face appear larger than it is.
The majority of Korean glasses are made of metal or plastic. Metal frames can be more durable than plastic frames; however, metal eyeglass frames may be heavier than plastic frames and may cause ear discomfort after prolonged use.
If you prefer to make a statement with your eyewear, you should check out bold colors and designs that say something about your personality and appearance. If you are more reserved, classic, timeless colors may be best for you to suit your minimalistic vibe.
Try Out the Latest Korean-Designed Eyewear
Korean glasses can be dressed up or down depending on your mood which may be why they are quickly increasing in popularity. If you’re interested in trying out some new glasses today, book an appointment and we would be happy to help you find a style that suits your face shape and esthetic. It’s always fun trying something new and unique.